Hi lovely, thanks for stopping by!
I'm Haly - candle maker, artist & illustrator. Haly Design Studio is created by me and my husband Neo in 2016.
We are a small family business that based in Te Aro, Wellington and finds its inspiration from art, design and sculpture.
All of our beautiful candles are made in very small batches by myself at our home-studio in Wellington. Each candle is individually hand-crafted and can take up to 12 hours to make. Not only do we produce locally, we also source our sustainable vegan soy wax blend, cotton wick and non toxic fragrance oils here in NZ.
Beside candle making, I also offer design & illustration work as well as custom paintings & drawings. I enjoy working with watercolour, pen brushes, ink on paper, and chalkboard signages.
- These sculptural candles make a stylish decor art piece - or to be lit. As our candles are uniquely shaped, burn time is roughly half an hour - an hour for smaller candles and four hours for larger candles. They will burn unevenly because of their unusual shapes.
- Be sure to trim the wick and place a candle-proof dish beneath to catch any wax spillage.
- Please your candle away from direct sunlight and heat sources such as heaters, as this will cause the wax to soften and lose their shape. Always place a coaster or a dish underneath the candles. Due to its natural oils, soy wax may leave a residue on your counter.
- When burning: All candles made are free-standing & contain a lot of soy wax. Please make sure to have a drip tray big enough to catch the melted wax!
Important information about our candles:
- Due to our candles being handmade in small batches, they may differ ever so slightly from the pictures, this includes shade and dimensions.
- Our candle are made from premium soy wax.
- Soy wax is prone to frosting, where you may see small white marks on your candle. This is completely normal and is how you know you have a soy candle! If this occurs just gently buff your candle with a cloth.
US AND SUSTAINABILITY
- Our candles are made by hand in small batches, using only natural and biodegradable materials.
- We use a soy wax blend that is made from soybeans and natural colour dyes.
- Not only is soy wax all-natural and non-toxic, it's also a sustainable material, vegan and cruelty free.
- All of our packaging is completely plastic-free and your candle arrives in 100% recyclable cardboard and paper.
- The majority of our products are made to order or released in small batches under a restock & drop format. We only make candles that we know can sell, ensuring there is no waste.
- If you have any suggestions to keep our little business as eco-friendly as can be, please don't hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org